Sunday, October 16, 2011

Hot topic in Labor and Delivery Nursing

             Based on the votes I have decided to write about the topic of medicine used to induce labor.  Within this topic I can also include the rest of my topics because I think they go together so closely.  Labor induction is a huge issue because it is on the rise and it is so controversial because there are so many opposing views on inducing labor.  It has become so popular and there are many reasons why people do not believe in it.  It is becoming more apparent just how dangerous induction medications are and the threats they pose to the fetus if not in the hands of the right skilled health personnel during labor.  I can include the issue of hyperstimulation, inducing before 39 weeks and pain management into my discussion on labor induction because those are all possible side effects of induction.

No comments:

Post a Comment